Monday, May 26, 2008

Portland International Spring Quilt Market 2008 con't

One of the most wonderful things about International Quilt Market is connecting with old friends and meeting new ones. Although we come from different parts of the globe, we are all in the same business and share common challenges and goals. These are photos of friend's and neighbor's booths.

Jean Boyd of Patterns by Jean Boyd and Upper Canada Quiltworks, having a chat with Jeanie Sumrall-Ajero, the owner/designer of the software company Kaleidoscope Collections.


Christine Baker of Fairfield Road Designs and Nellie Holmes of originellie's, also under the banner of Upper Canada Quiltworks. I asked for an action shot and I got one!

Barbara Cribb of Wild Thymes Pattern Co., my booth neighbor. Barb's wool creations are gorgeous, and her handouts for the Schoolhouse sessions were the best I've ever seen.

Tracey Browning of Wysistas and the creator of Quizzles (interactive quilt pattern software). Tracey and Helen (the next photo) were our neighbors at International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City last year. They both hail from Australia. It was great to reconnect with them. In fact, I found them in the quilt books aisle at Powell's Book Store!

The fabulous award-winning Helen Stubbings of Hugs 'n Kisses. Helen gave me one of her coveted Boobie Buttons, which I sat and coloured in her booth. You can see the buttons on her blog, Helen's Hugs.

Tomorrow I'll post more action shots...

No comments: