Friday, April 25, 2008

A Feng Shui Garden Design

I was a Landscape Designer and owned my own business for 15 years. The following photos are of a design I created using Feng Shui principles at the owner's request. The house is a lovely Craftsman style, but the property was shabby and in need of a complete overhaul.

The owners purchased the house using Feng Shui guidelines, and wanted a design that incorporated those while being sensitive to the architecture and period of the house.

I knew nothing about Feng Shui, but the owner gave me a pile of reading material and I immersed myself in studying this fascinating subject to prepare for the landscape design.

These are the "before" photos. The trees were dying. The rock wall was falling down. The grass slope was difficult to mow. The front door led to nowhere and was not welcoming.

These are the "after" photos for the front of the property. The dead trees were removed. All lines curve to direct the energy flow around the property, including the retaining wall.

The wrought iron arbor sits over the junction between the front and side paths, and each corner is planted with a different clematis that will eventually cover the arbor.

Tomorrow I'll post photos of the side garden and courtyard.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Wow - talk about a transformation. You can literally feel the energy shift as you look at the different pictures. This is an impressive display of practice Feng Shui. Can't wait to see the other pictures you have to post!