Monday, April 21, 2008

Botanical Art Quilts Workshops

I've put up a new Workshops page on my website.

The first is called Bead Embroidery and Embellishments. I'll be teaching embellishment techniques with beads, buttons and embroidery suitable for any kind of project including quilts, wearable items and stitcheries. This will be a half day workshop. In the past I've taught this using my beaded bugs kits.

The next is Botanical Art Small Wall Quilts, which I have taught a number of times. Students will be able to choose from any of my flower block designs and make a small wall quilt in this one day class.

Leaf Magic Little Quilts will also be a one day class. Again, students will choose from one of six leaf designs for their project. I will also demonstrate how to preserve real leaves for use in these quilts, or in art journal/scrapbooking projects.

My lecture is called Healing Stitches, which will explore my stitched journey in life. I'll be explaining the concept of healing/protection quilts and the designs and symbols used to create them. I gave this lecture at the last Quilts on the Rocks show here in Sudbury a few years ago.

And lastly, my Trunk Show will be chock full of all kinds of Botanical Art quilts, embellished works, collaged quilts and even my bed quilts when there is room in the luggage.

No comments: