Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Bed Quilt Club 3

The Bed Quilt Club met yesterday, and I have our progress photos. But first I will post our guidelines:
  1. You must be working on a bed quilt.
  2. There are no deadlines or pressures or responsibilities.
  3. You can Show & Tell any project.
  4. Helpful tips and suggestions are welcome.
Pat, who owns the Country Quilter shop where we have our meetings, is apparently time-challenged. This is her Kentucky Log Cabin.

Colleen has changed her project to a pattern called Chocolat, an original design by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co., distributed by Moda. Her focus fabric is a gorgeous soft blue, yellow and tan floral from Northcott's Quilt for a Cure collection.

Myrna wins the Speed Queen award. Her pattern is called Crow's Feet, designed by Charlotte Angotti and published in Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine, Jan/Feb 2006. She is showing her hand-coloured pressing diagram.

Marg has more Friendship Star blocks done. She needs over 2,000 half-square triangle blocks, so we are going to help her out by contributing some blue & white fabrics of our own.

My mother Mariette has made the 2 hour drive for this meeting, and shows her amazing yo-yo quilt. She is working on the same Oh, My Tangled Stars! pattern from Sherri Hisey's Border Creek Station Pattern Company as I am.

Doris has made most of the centre blocks for her Cabin Fever pattern from Trudie Hughes' book Log Cabin Quartet. Her colours are beautiful, her machine piecing is accurate, and this quilt is going to be stunning.

I haven't done any work on my quilt for the past 2 weeks, as I am finishing up work on my new Leaf Magic Little Quilt pattern. I get the booby prize!

No comments: