Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reverse Sewing

I began a quilt for my daughter on Christmas Eve, and lately have been working on it again. I chose the Stone Cottage design from Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book. The queen size Stone Cottage measures 99" x 99", which is the size I made. But I've since realized that I should have made it smaller to fit my daughter's bed.

SO, I'm reverse sewing! (Quilt speak for picking out stitches...) I'm removing 3 rows off the side and one off the bottom. The new reduced size will be 81" x 93". An added bonus is that I can use a standard queen size quilt batt now, whereas before I would have needed a king size batt.

Our weather has been awful: cold, wet, did I say cold? It freakin' snowed on Sunday morning. Seemed like a good idea to get back in the studio.

No comments: