Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blooming Today

These are blooming around my house today:

Rosy Lights Azalea
I've planted one of these just about everywhere we've lived. Love the fragrance, love the hardiness and I LOVE the colour!

Mountain Ash

Jack Frost Brunnera
This gorgeous shade plant came with a gorgeous price: $40. I don't regret paying that one little bit. It blooms for almost 2 months and the leaves are beautiful.

Hadspen Cream Brunnera
This one keeps it's variegation throughout the summer and also blooms for about 2 months.

Fernleaf Bleeding Heart
My gardening friend Sherry gave this to me. The original plant came from her grandmother's house in a town nearby, so she said I had to have it.

Emerald Carousel Barberry
One of my all-time favorite shrubs. These yellow flowers turn into tiny bright orange drops of fruit, and the leaves turn fiery red-orange in the fall.

And let's not forget these Dandelion boogers...

... which turn into this! And yes, this IS my lawn...

No comments: