Monday, January 26, 2009

Hibiscus and Porcelain Workshop

I had the pleasure of teaching my Hibiscus and Porcelain Workshop at the Sew Sunsational 2009 Retreat in Cocoa, Florida this past Friday.


Here I am in the centre under the Hibiscus and Porcelain quilt with some of the class members.

The Holiday Inn Select hotel that the retreat was held in. I ate lunch under the palm trees on Friday - what a treat!

This retreat lasts a full week, with 5 classes per day (some were 2 day classes). The host shop, Ultimate Sewing Place from Titusville, sets up a mini quilt store in one of the rooms. The retreat begins with a lunch lecture on Sunday, and events are held each evening during the week.

This was the 5th annual Sew Sunsational retreat. I highly recommend it for a welcome break in cold January!

No comments: