Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Bed Quilt Club 1

The inaugural meeting of The Bed Quilt Club was held yesterday afternoon at my local quilt store, The Country Quilter in Sudbury. A group of us have decided to meet bi-weekly and work on individual bed quilt projects.

My choice is a pattern called "Oh, My Tangled Stars!" designed by Sherri Hisey of Border Creek Station Pattern Company. This design is published in QUILT Magazine, their latest Feb/Mar 2008 issue. This is the first quilt in 30 years of quiltmaking that I am reproducing, fabric and all. The fabric is Moda's Shangri La collection by the 3 Sisters designers.

In fact 4 of us are doing patterns by Sherri: 3 of "Oh, My Tangled Stars!" and 1 of "I Wish I May". The rest are doing scrap quilts or Log Cabins.

The photo is of the Woven Block. I am making 9 of these, then I will begin the Square and Star Block. Sherri's patterns are beautifully written and illustrated. She teaches quilt shop classes, and her professionalism shows in the quality of her patterns.

I'll be showing photos of my progress after each meeting.

No comments: