Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quilt Canada 2008 continued

I was offered a space to demonstrate my patterns in the Country Concessions Quilt Shop booth at the Quilt Canada Merchant's Mall. Country Concessions is possibly the largest quilt shop in Eastern Canada, and the owner Darlene Cooper is a big supporter of Canadian quilt pattern designers.

My quilts were displayed on the wall behind me, and I brought teaching samples for the Leaf Magic Little Quilt, the Floral Celebrations Table Set and the Sugar Maple Dance quilt. It went very well! I had a wonderful time visiting with old friends and demonstrating my techniques to new customers.

The delegates came from coast to coast, as well as the northeastern U.S. Many had never been to Newfoundland and had planned touring trips either before or after the conference to explore the island.

Anita Zobens of The Cotton Mill Threadworks gives thread advice to delegates. Anita is the Canadian Educator for Superior Threads, which I use exclusively in my quilts.

This is my friend Lily Lam and myself. Lily was my hostess years ago when I taught workshops for the Westmount Quilters Guild in Montreal, Quebec.

And this lovely lady is Anne Morrell Robinson! Anne is wearing a beaded grasshopper that I made for her in 2000. Anne was teaching at Quilt Canada.

It was a great experience, and I plan to do it all again for Quilt Canada 2010 in Calgary.

No comments: