Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Introducing Joyce Nicholls-Goudsmid

Joyce bought my Leaf Magic Little Quilt pattern from me at Quilt Canada 2008 three weeks ago, and has already created an awesome variation. She combined all 6 leaf designs into one wall quilt, then embellished it with leaf stamps and a few appliqued leaves, leaf sequins and beads, and a bird button. She noted that she had everything in her stash, including the backing which was perfect of course! Joyce told me that it was very fun to make and just what she needed to do to wind down from QC 2008.

This is how Joyce describes herself:

"I have been quilting for about 10 years, not long after I moved to St. John's, Newfoundland. As an adolescent and young adult I sewed many of my own clothes, but never really found that satisfying. However, I retained a love of fabric and all things fibre! I went to my first quilter's guild meeting in 1998 and was immediately taken with the possibilities. I've hardly missed a meeting since, and my fabric stash cost more than my furniture! I think that quilting is about creative expression; every quilt that you make is your own, regardless of the pattern you use. And for me, the less traditional the pattern and the bolder the colours, the better I like it!"

Thank you Joyce for sharing your beautiful quilt.

No comments: