Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pine Tree Quilter's Guild of Muskoka

I had a wonderful teaching trip to Bracebridge, Ontario for the Pine Tree Quilter's Guild of Muskoka last week. I gave my Trunk Show after the guild's meeting on Thursday afternoon and taught the Botanical Art Small Wall Quilt workshop on Friday.

The meeting was really busy, and I didn't have time to take any photos. The Pine Tree guild has about 100 members, and there were almost 80 people attending on Thursday.

I was treated to a pot luck dinner with the Art Quilt group that evening. I brought a bottle of wine to share, not knowing that the dinner would be held at the local senior's residence. So one of the resourceful members found a bag of medication cups and used them to serve the wine!

A toast!

Barb Coburn is an old friend from Northwestern Ontario. I hadn't seen Barb for about 15 years, and it was such a treat to see her in Bracebridge. The first time I learned about this amazing quilter was when I saw her gorgeous purple amethyst quilt at the National Juried Show in Thunder Bay during Quilt Canada '92.

Marta McIntyre shows her paper pieced quilts. Marta is saying "thank you" as we all ooed and ahhed.

Heather Ingram is showing her Round Robin quilt, which began with her "Lone Angel" centre block.

The next day was my Botanical Art Small Wall Quilt workshop. It was full with a waiting list, which is very nice to hear! This photo was taken mid-afternoon and shows the progress that these ladies made in a very short time.

Thanks to all for such a great experience! (Not to mention the chocolate that was donated, and really helped the creative process)

No comments: